News and Events
Save on Attic Fans!
Be prepared for the hot weather this summer by having Sherwin Electrical Services install an attic fan. Not only will you save money on your electric bill, but for a limited time you can receive a 10% discount on attic fan installations!
*Offer valid through May 31st
Sherwin Electrical Services - Automatic Standby Generators
Hurricane season is here
Everyone needs to be prepared for the unexpected. You, as well as your family and friends, will most likely not be together when disaster strikes. How will you find each other? Will you know if your children or parents are safe? You may have to evacuate or be confined to your home. What will you do if water, gas, electricity or phone services are shut off?
Prepare for Hurricane Season with a Generac Generator
Are you protected with a Generator?
Automatic Standby Generators | Portable Generators
Back up your home with a Generac generator and never have to worry
For over 50 years, Generac has focused primarily on power generation, and we now offer more generator solutions than any other manufacturer. This heritage has helped make us the number one choice in residential automatic standby power, chosen seven to one over the closest competition. When a customer chooses Generac, they're not just choosing protection for their home. They are also choosing peace of mind.
Generac's OHVI® engine is the only engine designed specifically for extended generator use - for reliability that's second to none.
Automatic backup power means you're always covered - even if you're not home.
Options come in liquid propane or natural gas - the direct hookup means never dealing with cords or gas cans again.
The storm took place on April 30th, 2010, with over 17" of rain throughout the night. Around 1 a.m. we heard a loud crash outside our bedroom window. The power went out but within a few seconds we heard the Generac generator start and power was restored, so my wife and I just went back to sleep.
At 8 a.m. the power company came and told us the power was out in the area and that we had several trees down next to our home. He noticed we still had power and I told him we had a generator. He went to look around outside and in a few minutes returned. He told me a tree had crushed the generator but it was still running. I told him it had been running for 7 hours and he was shocked.
"The power went out, but within a few seconds we heard the Generac generator start and power was restored."
The power came back on and the generator went back to stand-by mode. I could not
believe the damage the generator had experienced and still ran. Yes, a tree fell on
it, crushing the enclosure, but it was also moved nearly two feet from the original
position. The generator has been 100% reliable for over 9 years through storms and
tornados and never let us down. Of course the replacement can only be a GENERAC!
In 2010, up to 60,000 people lost power every day.
Source: Generac Power Outage Explorer
Imagine your home without power.
- Refrigeration/freezer - food spoilage
- Furnace - frozen pipes, heat
- Air conditioning - mold growth, comfort
- Sump pump - flooding
- Internet, cell phone chargers, tv - lose contact with the outside world
- Lighting - inside and outside
- Cooking, bathing, and washing clothes
- Charging power tools for use during the emergency and post outage cleanup
- Keeping the kids occupied with tv, video games and internet
- Monetary loss from hotel costs, eating out, personal property damage, unexpected expenses
Let us help you keep your home powered, call us today at 804-222-2213 or visit our Contact Form
- Home Improvements that Yield Good Returns
- Prepare for Hurricanes with a Generator
- Faulty Generator Installations
- Electrical Panel Upgrade
- Protect Your Appliances with Surge Suppressors
- Save money with Attic and Ceiling Fans
- Importance of Smoke Detectors
- Generac Automatic Standby Generators
- Electric Fires - Protect Your Home
- Go Green and Energy Efficient